The Arabs in Aspic “Madness and Magic” Digipack CD is a Digipak CD with a 6-page foldout booklet. Release date: June 12 2020
Hailing from Trondheim in Norway, Arabs in Aspic has been mid-Norway’s flagship of 70s inspired progressive rock and proto-hardrock for the past 15 years. They’ve been described as a sweet mixture of loud, heavy guitars and drums, 12 string acoustics, funky bass and percussion, screaming Hammond organs, soft Rhodes, Mellotrons and 70s Synths, topped with plentiful vocal harmonies – and this is also what they give us on their seventh album.
“Madness and Magic” builds on where they left on “Syndenes Magi”, showcasing the acoustic side of the band more without losing any of their heaviness. This is evident in the fact that “Madness and Magic” is their first album written and recorded with two unique drummers.
About the lyrical themes, the band says:
“The lyrics of “Madness and Magic” reflect on how easily both children and adults are affected in the digital age, but also how helpless we are when we have to put our lives in the hands of specialists. Many ideas came up after a brief meeting with Doctor Death. The message of “Madness and Magic” is up to the listener to decide. Because you are capable of thinking for yourself, right?”
The new album from Arabs in Aspic takes the listener for a journey through life’s “Madness and Magic”, both musically and lyrically, and what an awesome journey it is!
- Sixth album from Arabs in Aspic, first for Karisma Records
- Madness and Magic is the kind of album with the distinct 70s sound that you wish still were made. Well, guess what.
- Great heavy progressive rock
- For fans of King Crimson, Black Sabbath, Van der Graaf Generator, Uriah Heep
- Recorded at Børse Studio by Jostein Smedby and mastered at Cuttingroom in Stockholm.